PrinterSwitch doesn't work with FileMaker Pro 18.0.2 (and Catalina)
We're sorry to announce that PrinterSwitch stopped working on FileMaker Pro 18.0.2 (and higher) and on Catalina.
The reason for this is that FileMaker Pro 18.0.2 and higher have improved security to be compatible with MacOS Catalina and we can't write to the memory of FileMaker Pro anymore.
Unfortunately, there is no easy fix to work around this problem because Apple/Claris blocks our plugin.
If you are using runtime solutions, then you might be able to still use the plugin on MacOS Catalina. This is because you'll need to set your own entitlements and then sign and Notarize the runtime.
By starting from the standard entitlement file from FileMaker pro and add Allow Unsigned Executable Memory Entitlement in there, you can allow PrinterSwitch to be loaded on MacOS Catalina after you signed and Notarized the runtime with your own developer certificate.
This is an example of the entitlements file. The last key is the one that's needed to make PrinterSwitch work.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd"> <plist version="1.0"> <dict> <key>com.apple.security.automation.apple-events</key> <true/> <key>com.apple.security.cs.allow-jit</key> <true/> <key>com.apple.security.cs.disable-library-validation</key> <true/> <key>com.apple.security.device.audio-input</key> <true/> <key>com.apple.security.device.camera</key> <true/> <key>com.apple.security.personal-information.addressbook</key> <true/> <key>com.apple.security.personal-information.calendars</key> <true/> <key>com.apple.security.personal-information.location</key> <true/> <key>com.apple.security.personal-information.photos-library</key> <true/> <key>com.apple.security.cs.allow-unsigned-executable-memory</key> <true/> </dict> </plist
- What are the limitations of the AutoSender demo version ?
- How exactly does AutoSender function ? Is it a FileMaker plug- in ?
- Is it possible to use AutoSender with Instant Web Publishing solutions ?
- Which items are installed and where (Mac OS X)?
- Which items are installed and where (Windows)?
- View all (15 more)
- Is ClipManager 4.2 compatible with FileMaker Pro 13?
- I upgraded to Mavericks and some tasks aren't working anymore in Clip Manager 4.x
- Is Clip Manager 4.x compatible with FileMaker Pro 12?
- I get a message "Oops, we messed up! Clip Manager must quit." What should I do now?
- Table Occurrence Selector doesn't show any table occurrences.
- View all (5 more)
- Is DoSQL 2.0 compatible with FileMaker Server 12 ?
- Can DoSQL be used in a runtime solution
- What types of SQL statements can be used with DoSQL ?
- Is it possible to use 'CREATE TABLE' with DOSQL in the database that a script is called?
- Can DoSQL be used as a FileMaker Server plug-in ?
- View all (4 more)
- PrinterSwitch doesn't work with FileMaker Pro 18.0.2 (and Catalina)
- What are the limitations of the PrinterSwitch demo version?
- What is installed by the PrinterSwitch installer and where?
- Can I use FileMaker Server’s AutoUpdate feature with PrinterSwitch?
- I am trying to create a PDF with PrinterSwitch, but when printing nothing seems to happen (MacOS X)
- View all (12 more)