Is it possible to use 'CREATE TABLE' with DOSQL in the database that a script is called?
Using 'CREATE TABLE' is not really recommended, but it can be done. The problem is that FileMaker will hang when doing schema changes. This is not a DoSQL issue, but simply the fact that a schema change pauses all pending calculations, until it is done. This puts the plug-in into a deadlock. FileMaker will create the table, but will not come back, and the plug-in will wait forever for a reply.
But... there is a workaround, allthough we suggest to use it
with caution. DoSQL() has a second optional parameter. It defaults
to false, so normally you never use it.
If you set it to True or 1, DoSQL will not execute the SQL instruction immediately, but will execute it during the next "idle". This way to get around the deadlock situation.
So you can do it, but you cannot queue a series of "CREATE TABLE" instructions just like that. Between each DoSQL ( "CREATE..." ; True ) instruction, you should leave enough "idle" for FileMaker to do the job. A script pause should normally be able to do the trick.
- What are the limitations of the AutoSender demo version ?
- How exactly does AutoSender function ? Is it a FileMaker plug- in ?
- Is it possible to use AutoSender with Instant Web Publishing solutions ?
- Which items are installed and where (Mac OS X)?
- Which items are installed and where (Windows)?
- View all (15 more)
- Is ClipManager 4.2 compatible with FileMaker Pro 13?
- I upgraded to Mavericks and some tasks aren't working anymore in Clip Manager 4.x
- Is Clip Manager 4.x compatible with FileMaker Pro 12?
- I get a message "Oops, we messed up! Clip Manager must quit." What should I do now?
- Table Occurrence Selector doesn't show any table occurrences.
- View all (5 more)
- Is DoSQL 2.0 compatible with FileMaker Server 12 ?
- Can DoSQL be used in a runtime solution
- What types of SQL statements can be used with DoSQL ?
- Is it possible to use 'CREATE TABLE' with DOSQL in the database that a script is called?
- Can DoSQL be used as a FileMaker Server plug-in ?
- View all (4 more)
- PrinterSwitch doesn't work with FileMaker Pro 18.0.2 (and Catalina)
- What are the limitations of the PrinterSwitch demo version?
- What is installed by the PrinterSwitch installer and where?
- Can I use FileMaker Server’s AutoUpdate feature with PrinterSwitch?
- I am trying to create a PDF with PrinterSwitch, but when printing nothing seems to happen (MacOS X)
- View all (12 more)