My FMBulter v1.7.0.5 & FileMaker 9.0v3

Jeff Corrington

31 Mar, 2010 08:21 PM

I'm having issues sending a simple print job to an Lanier LD528c using PCL 5c as the driver. If i use PCL 6 as the driver it sends the print job to the right printer, but the settings (Input tray, duplex, output tray, paper type, etc) are not correct. It always defaults to the printer defaults (tray 1 - White paper, No-Duplex, Plain type, 8.5 / 11). No matter how many times i create a new printer and store the printersetup code, the print jobs do the samething. If i try to goto PCL 5c driver, it sends the print job no where.

I've attached a simple screen shot of the layout i'm testing from. The print button prints the layout that you see on the correct printer ID. The HP's work fine, but the Laniers do not.

Also please note, we had a Lanier LD228c using PCL 5c before this LD528c and it worked fine.
HELP?!

1. 1 Posted by Jeff Corrington on 31 Mar, 2010 08:24 PM

Sorry forgot to include a few bits of information. Both the HP and Lanier (new and old) are setup on each workstation as network printers, direct to the printer (using TCP/IP).

The system i'm testing this on is Windows XP Sp3 full updated via windows updates. The Plugin version and filemaker version are in the subject.

2. 2 Posted by Jeff Corrington on 31 Mar, 2010 09:04 PM

Nevermind problem solved, had to use PCL 6 driver, and fix my restored printer script.

3. Support closed this discussion on 31 Mar, 2010 09:08 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac