PrinterSwitch won't register

Stephanie

18 Apr, 2017 01:23 AM

I'm running filemaker 15 pro on windows 10 and when I open my POS program that is running in filemaker it comes up with an error message saying registration of the printer plug in has failed. I have entered all the info for the registration into the program but it doesn't seem to hold it. It's driving me crazy! Help

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Support on 18 Apr, 2017 08:42 AM

Hi Stephanie,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with the registration of the plugin. Are you using the 32 or 64-bit version of the plugin?

Kind regards,
    Jasper

2. 2 Posted by Jonathan Mallet... on 18 Apr, 2017 12:48 PM

The 64bit version.

Sent from my iPhone

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Support on 20 Apr, 2017 12:13 PM

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks!
    Does it only happen on the computer of Stephanie or on all computers? If it happens on all computers, I'll setup a test environment to reproduce the issue.

In the meantime, a possible workaround is registering the plugin via the script function:
    http://wiki.myfmbutler.com/index.php/PrinterSwitch_3:External_Functions#PrSw_Configure.28_.22register.7Creg_name.7Creg_code.7Creg_userCount.7Creg_licenseType.22_.29:

Kind regards,
    Jasper

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac