Printer setup margin problem

carlo

25 Jun, 2014 09:51 AM

Hello,

Printer switch does not seem to store the correct left and right margin for the printer.
Everytime the computer restarts, I have to redo the following procedure so that the printout is centered.

Even though I stored the print setup correctly, to remove the left and right margins, I have to manually go to a layout, chose the correct printer and paper size in "page setup".

Enclosed are pictures of the layouts before and after the "print setup" and the resulting printouts.

Let me know if there is a workaround because its really creating problems.

Best regards,

Carlo

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Support on 25 Jun, 2014 12:46 PM

Hi Carlo,

I'm sorry to hear that your having a problem with PrinterSwitch.

Could you tell me operating you're using? And which version of FileMaker?
    And if possible, please send us a copy of the capture and the restore scripts so we can have a look at them.

Kind regards,
    Jasper

2. 2 Posted by carlo on 25 Jun, 2014 04:41 PM

Hello,

Is there a phone number I could call ? It would be much easier to explain…

I’m using MacOS 10.9.3 with Filemaker Pro Advanced 13.0 v3

It appears that the setup configuration is correctly restored, but it does not take into consideration the page margins.

The "use fixed page margins" is NOT checked in the layout setup of Filemaker, so what appears to happen is that when the printerswitch switches to the selected printer with the corresponding printer’s setup configuration, it does not get the correct page margins.

Example :
    Letter printed in A4 on standard printer has 0,5 cm left and right margin
    “Invoice" printed on 70mm thermal paper on StarMicronics POS printer has 0 cm left and right margin…

So even if the Invoice is clearly formatted for 70 mm (you can tell because it prints at normal size, and not microscopic), it retains the left and right margins of the A4 paper...

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Carlo Casaccia
    Business Computing - Thinking Agency
    6 avenue des Citronniers - MC98000 - MONACO
    www.bcmonaco.com | E : [email blocked] | Skype : carlocas | T : +33(0)811 030 997 | M : +33(0)620 583 097

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Support on 30 Jun, 2014 12:27 PM

Hi Carlo,

I discussed this with a colleague.

You can solve the problem by enabling the fixed margin option on the FileMaker layout. And then position the page the printer prints in the middle of the page.

If you don't check the option, FileMaker uses dynamic margins and PrinterSwitch has no control over that because it isn't part of the printerdriver.

Does that help you?

I'll send you an email with our phone number and skype account if you still need help.

Kind regards,
    Jasper

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• Archive.zip 3.4 MB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac