Plugin conflict

david

24 Jan, 2014 05:10 PM

So, Koen - we traded emails a week or so ago. The "solution" that literally runs our company makes use of the old "MacExample" plugin for five very important script calls. Going through the DDR, none of these scripts show up - for example:

XMpl_StartScript( Get ( FileName ) ; "sAdd Customer to Invoice" )& 1

There is no script in any file associated with this solution called: "sAdd Customer to Invoice." The script is apparently part of the function provided by the plugin.

A problem arises when I try to activate the PrinterSwitch plugin when the MacExample is loaded. PrinterSwitch isn't recognized by FileMaker (V 13). Since your kind tutorial last week, all the extensions are stored properly (thank you again), but this conflict is very problematic. Any thoughts?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by koen on 27 Jan, 2014 03:30 PM

The example plug-in is probably based on a plug-in template that FileMaker provides with FileMaker Pro Advanced. It was probably compiled and maybe altered by the person who wrote your original FileMaker application.

Mpl_StartScript( Get ( FileName ) ; "sAdd Customer to Invoice" )& 1

When this function is executed, it will ask FileMaker to run the script "sAdd Customer to Invoice" in the current file. But as you stated earlier, there is no script with that name in your solution. Scripts can never be part of a plug-in, so the script can't be hidden in the plug-in.

The plug-in was used in the past, when script triggers didn't exist, to trigger a script when a field was changed.

Our free plug-in DoScript has the same functionality. You could replace the code by using
    mFMb_DoScript( "sAdd Customer to Invoice" ; Get ( FileName ) ) & 1

But if none of the scripts exist that the plug-in wants to trigger, I would just disable the plug-in calls, because they have no use in your solution.

Can you send us a version of the MacExample plug-in, so we can further investigate why it is conflicting with our plug-in?

Best regards,

Koen

2. 2 Posted by david on 27 Jan, 2014 04:23 PM

Hmmm..."Scripts can never be part of a plug-in, so the script can't be hidden in the plug-in."

I was concerned that the script was part of the "function" programmed into the plugin. This can't be? OK.

Any other place a script can be buried? It would be news to me:)

Wonder why it's there in the first place?

I'm attaching the plugin in question for your perusal., I thank you again for your kindness.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by koen on 28 Jan, 2014 09:29 AM

The script should be in the list of your scripts in the current file. Probably it is not used anymore and the function will do in fact nothing.

Maybe you can you ask the question to the original creator?

Best regards,

Koen

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• Screen_Shot_2014-01-24_at_12.08.37_PM.png 93.4 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac