Clips are not being saved

kc5qeg

18 Aug, 2018 04:10 PM

I was able to use Clip Manager 5 for the first two days after purchase, but now it recognizes pasted clips but doesn't retain them. I can type in the name of the clip and even save it to an external folder, but Clip Manager still doesn't keep the clip within the app. When I close the app and reopen, for example, the clip isn't there even though it has been saved to the external directory. Here's a short screen recording to illustrate: http://bit.ly/2nMETUj

After recording the screencast, I removed all plugins from my extensions folder, uninstalled Clip Manager, downloaded the app again and reinstalled. I've tried with numerous clips but none are being retained within the app. Perhaps there’s a setting that I've messed up somewhere, but I don't know what else to check at this point.

Thanks for any help in getting this resolved!

James

1. 1 Posted by kc5qeg on 18 Aug, 2018 06:58 PM

Sorry, but I failed to mention that I’m using FMPA17 on macOS High Sierra.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Support on 20 Aug, 2018 01:49 PM

Hi James,

I see that auto history is off. That's the reason the clips don't stay in the "Today" section. To enable the clip history, click on the clock icon next to the "Get Clip" icon. It should be blue when it's on.

When you select "Browser" in the left menu, do you see you saved clips then? Because when you try to save for a second time, I see that you clip is still in the folder.

Please let me know the result.

Kind regards,
    Jasper

3. 3 Posted by kc5qeg on 20 Aug, 2018 02:00 PM

Yes! That's it! So simple, but another example of my ignorance in how to use a new product.  But it's working now, so I can get back to work!

Thanks for the quick help!

James

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Support on 20 Aug, 2018 02:02 PM

Hi James,

No problem, these things can happen :-)
    Let me know if you have any other questions!

Kind regards,
    Jasper

5. Support closed this discussion on 20 Aug, 2018 02:02 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac