Is there an easy way to organize the custom functions

Lee Smith

06 Aug, 2016 09:11 PM

I have been using clip manager for a long time (v 2 - v5), and as a result, I have a ton of Custom Functions in one folder labeled “Custom Functions”.

I am finding it difficult to find a CF by keywords. It appears that unless you know the actual function name, or a major keyword of the functions, you will get, in some cases, a long list of potential functions. It would be nice if you could use more than one keyword, such as "End of Month” or "Text to Date", so that a search could be narrowed down some. AFAIK, all you can use now is the exact CF name, or the author, or one word such as Time, or Date, etc.

As I stated above, the majority of them are all in a folder called Custom Functions, however there some in other folders too. Looking back now with 20-20 Hindsight, I probably should have did a better job of separating them out when creating the functions by separating them into at least folders for Date, Text, Parsing, Time, etc.. AFAIK, the only way to sort them out now, is to create a new Custom Functions in the destination folder?

Any thought on doing this now?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Support on 12 Aug, 2016 01:01 PM

Hi Lee,

Thank you for the suggestions. I will pass them to our developer.

If you want to reorganize your functions, I suggest you to create the folder structure you want in Clip Manager and then go to finder and move the clips to right folders. This way, you don't have to import all existing function again from FileMaker.

You can find the path to clips in your Clip Manager preferences as seen on the screenshot.

Please let me know if this helps you.

Kind regards,
    Jasper

2. 2 Posted by Lee Smith on 12 Aug, 2016 09:21 PM

Hi Jasper,

Thank you for your response. By your reply, I see that it can’t be done using the version 5x, but there might be hope. :-).

I thought of the folders in the finder, but you can’t always tell what the result of the CF is supposed to be without looking at it.

Lee

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Support on 16 Aug, 2016 02:44 PM

Hi Lee,

At the moment it is not possible to do it inside Clip Manager. But I'll will pass this as a feature request to our developer when he's back from vacation.

Kind regards,
    Jasper

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac