Automanager 3 - Unable to open file Exception message

jibardhan patel

21 Jan, 2019 04:41 AM

Hi , our vendor is having Autosender 3 installed and the email is also working properly.
However , sometimes ,there is an error message sent to us from Autosender.

Message is as follows:-

Jan 20, 2019 3:02:42 AM FINER AutoSenderJDBC.checkSource
Jan 20, 2019 3:02:42 AM FINER AutoSenderJDBC.loadJdbcDrivers: called
Jan 20, 2019 3:02:42 AM FINE AutoSender::getConnection: (re)creating mail connection: jdbc:filemaker://localhost:2399/CE_Compliance
Jan 20, 2019 3:02:42 AM WARNING AutoSenderJDBC.checkSource: SQLException "[FileMaker][FileMaker JDBC] (802): Unable to open file" thrown while connecting to database
Jan 20, 2019 3:02:42 AM FINE AutoSender.main: processing source; username = autosender, serverName = localhost, port = 2399, db = Customer_Rebate, layout = emails
Jan 20, 2019 3:02:42 AM FINER AutoSenderJDBC.checkSource: called with source = <xml-fragment active="true" protocol="jdbc12" server="localhost" port="2399" username="autosender" password="autosender" datasource="Customer_Rebate" occurrence="emails" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:as="http://www.myfmbutler.com/autosender">
  <as:fields id="id" from="from" namefrom="" to="to" nameto="" cc="cc" bcc="" subject="subject" body="body_c" status="status" attachments="attachment" htmlBody="" replyTo="reply_to"/>
  <as:smtp ssl="false" server="gwsmtp.nidecmotor.net" port="25" username="" password=""/>
</xml-fragment>

this is from autosender.log file .

But in the email ,we used to get the below message:-

Error: Jan 20, 2019 3:02:11 AM AutoSenderJDBC.checkSource: SQLException "[FileMaker][FileMaker JDBC] (802): Unable to open file" thrown while connecting to database

Fatal: Jan 20, 2019 3:04:24 AM AutoSenderJDBC.sendMessages: Exception "null" thrown. Unable to fetch messages: do you have an error in the fieldnames?

Please help.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Support on 21 Jan, 2019 11:07 AM

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us.
    It looks like AutoSender is having problems to connect to the JDBC engine of FIleMaker Server.
    Is the e-mail always send or do you have problems with sending the mail in certain cases? Do you have 1 more than 1 datasource setup?

Kind regards,
    Jasper

2. 2 Posted by Jibardhan Patel on 21 Jan, 2019 04:02 PM

Email sending works good. But ,for some cases , this situation arises.
    We have Oracle,I3 MS Access data sources. Everything was working good until
    since 2 werks , these errors are logging through the email.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Support on 21 Jan, 2019 04:08 PM

Hi,

That's strange. The error message that AutoSender is throwing just means that AutoSender can't connect to the FileMaker Server's ODBC engine. But AutoSender retries to connect every few seconds. So it there is a short network issue, AutoSender won't be able to connect for a short moment, but it will send the mails as soon as the connection is back.

Could you ask to your IT team if they see any issues on the network?

Kind regards,
    Jasper

4. 4 Posted by Jibardhan Patel on 21 Jan, 2019 04:14 PM

The emails are sending for some DBs.I am not sure which DB is having error
    . Can you please go through my first email and tell me which DB i need to
    test , so that i can come to a conclusion

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Support on 21 Jan, 2019 04:16 PM

Hi,

The error was for the database Customer_Rebate. If you can't send any mails from that database, it is possible that someone changed the field names and that need to be updated in AutoSender as well.

If you are able to send mails from that database and the error shows up once in a while, it's likely a network error.

Kind regards,
    Jasper

6. 6 Posted by Jibardhan Patel on 21 Jan, 2019 04:19 PM

Thanks . i shall have a test and come back with a feedback tomorrow.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac